Under the supervision of the City Manager, the Power Plant Superintendent is responsible for managing and supervising the daily operations of the city's power plant.
- Manages and supervises the daily operations of the power plant;
- Supervises and trains department personnel in the operation and maintenance of motors, generators, and equipment used for the production of electricity;
- Ensures that the city power plant meets or exceeds all applicable safety guidelines and record keeping requirements; regular updates for the City Manager, at their request;
- Maintains other city equipment as required;
- Assists in carrying out other city projects;
- Enforces all safety procedures and practices;
- Enforces departmental and city policies and procedures.