On Behalf of the City of Sterling, we wish to welcome you to the community of Sterling. Whether you are a visitor, a newly located resident, or a long-term citizen of this great community, the staff of the City of Sterling continually strives to make the quality of life worthwhile, enjoyable, and the place to raise your family.
Sterling offers many amenities that smaller communities often lack:
- Top ranked public high school and grade school system
- Sterling College - a four-year, liberal arts institution
- Medical Center - Three physicians, one physician assistant, dentist
- Sterling Lake Park with walking trail, swimming pool, fishing
- Cottonwood Lake residential homes on a private lake
- Beautiful downtown streetscape with historical buildings
- Old fashioned 4th of July Celebration - Norman Rockwell at its best!
- Safe community for children walking and riding bicycles
- Sports, theater, forensics, debate, community plays, musical concerts
- Located in historical Rice County - Quivira Indians, Santa Fe Trail ruts
- Quivira National Wildlife Refuge - Whooping Cranes, Bald Eagles
Sterling is a community that is small enough to know your name and to care about each other, but large enough to offer a wide variety of interests and talents for the betterment of the citizens. Sterling is progressive and looks to the future while preserving the best of a rich heritage. Come join us where the "Quality of Life Shines!"