Record Searches

Record Requests

To request records, submit a written request to the Court Clerk, City Hall

Kansas Open Records Act

"...public records shall be open for inspection by any person unless otherwise provided by the act." A Public Record is "any recorded information, regardless of form or characteristic, which is made, maintained or kept by or is in the possession of any public agency... ."

Criminal History Record Information Act

Records of any agency authorized by law to arrest, detain, prosecute, adjudicate, provide correctional supervision, rehabilitation, or release of persons suspected, charged, or convicted of a crime which are compiled in the process of preventing, detecting, or investigating violations of criminal law.


  • Records closed by either federal law, state statute, or Supreme Court Rule:
  • Juvenile offense records, except traffic for juveniles 14 or above;
  • Criminal offense records;
  • Unexecuted search or arrest warrants;
  • Arrests, if charges dismissed, person found not guilty or no ground for complaint;
  • Social Security Numbers;
  • Speeding conviction for traveling not more than 10 miles per hour (mph) in excess of the maximum speed limit. Between 55 mph and 70 mph (K.S.A. 8-1560c).
  • Charges filed against a person and scheduled court dates, including the complaint;
  • Records of inmates of jails or other correctional or detention facilities.
  1. Sterling Municipal Court

    Physical Address
    114 N. Broadway
    Sterling, KS 67579

    Mailing Address
    P.O. Box 287
    Sterling, KS 67579

    Fax: (620) 278-2866


    Monday - Friday

    8:00 am - 5:00 pm